Deadline to sign up is on Wednesday, January 6, 2016 by 8pm with Ngoc. I will send out a confirmation email by the end of the night on 1/6/16.
|8012 15th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117
It is that exciting time of the year again for the opportunity to help runners from our community at the Seattle Marathon. This event is happening on Sunday, November 29, 2015.
It has been a tradition for the Bastyr Sport Medicine Club to provide assistance and treatment to athletes before and/or after their run. You will not only gain clinical experience, but also see patients at a fast-paced and acute setting. The benefits also including receiving preceptorship hours from our BSMC supervisors, Dr. Masahiro Takakura, ND, DC, LAc and Dr. Calvin Kwan, ND, CKTI. Furthermore, ND Primaries if you are interested in receiving shift hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Also we are welcoming those that were unable to make it to the meetings. This is a great opportunity to come practice your physical medicine skills, learn about athlete management, and participate in the community. We look forward to seeing you at the event!
- Sign up here: Sign Up Sheet
- Where: Victory Recovery Area – Seattle Center Exhibition Hall
- Mercer St. at 3rd Ave N – see maps below or @ http://www.seattlemarathon.org/amica-insurance-seattle-marathon
- You may want to plan on carpooling to save the hassle of finding parking
- When: Sunday, November 29th, 6:30am setup – 4pm
- Dress Code:
- Clinic attire – business casual (button downs/dark polos, khaki/slacks), comfortable shoes
- Bring your Bastyr ID and lanyards.
- Personal Belongings: as minimal as possible; there is no place to store your belongings except against the wall! BSMC leaders will bring their medical equipment so you don’t have to.
- Food: some snacks, water will be provided; please bring your own lunch
Details to keep in mind:
- PLEASE CHECK-IN and CHECK OUT when you arrive.
◦ Every volunteer + every patient must sign consent forms!
◦ You will sign up for a number, make sure your 1st/2nd year knows these numbers and fills out the forms accordingly
- Be professional when speaking to the runners and our supervising doctors.
◦ Address the doctors appropriately: “Dr. ______”
◦ We are fortunate to be able to have this experience practicing under their license.
- Stay sharp and take questions up the chain of command:
◦ Primaries –> BSMC leaders –> Doctors
◦ please do not give out health recommendations without consulting first!
Check out pictures from last year’s event at our Facebook page:
Please visit Kinesio Taping Association website for more information
What: Kinesio Taping Courses 1&2
Who: Dr. Masa Takakura will be teaching.
Next Class: November 7 – 8– contact Julieann Murella
THIS CLASS IS Specifically for Bastyr Students and Alumni only.
Please see the Kinesio Taping Association website for Classes being held elsewhere in Seattle or Portland.
There are only a FEW SPOTS LEFT, so please contact Julieann Murella to register for the class.
Students who wish to RETAKE the class to review Kinesio 1 and 2 can join for the price of $25/ day. But, these students must bring their own tape. There will only be a few spots open for students who wish to retake the course, so please contact Julieann Murella ASAP.
We are welcoming the Fall quarter with a new Bastyr Sports Medicine Leadership Team! Come meet the new leadership and learn about our upcoming events at our club meetings this week.
Monday: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (Location: Phys Med Room on campus)
Wednesday: 12:00 PM – 1:00PM (Location: Phys Med Room on campus)
Friday: 12:00PM – 1:00PM (Location: BCNH)
See you there!